Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Where did the TV go??

After last week's killer workout, I have still been recovering with a back and foot injury.

But I lost another pound so I am not worrying about it. Currently at minus 16.

Jamie and I built a deck on the new house over Memorial Weekend. Actually, Jamie and his Dad did most of the work, I just drilled the fastener things. We invested in an awesome hidden fastener system so there are no screws on the top ( and I am reluctant to say "we" because really it was Jamie's idea.)


Anyhoo, we also bought a nice big outdoor fireplace that has a foresty theme.



Every night we have a fire and generally a marshmallow...or two...or three...

The only bad thing...we noticed the wood on the deck was getting a little brown from the heat so we decided to get some stone pavers at Menard's when we went to get the deck railing...

On Sunday, aka Father's Day, we went to eat with Roger and Christa after church and then headed to Mansfield. We got home around 7:00 p.m. We were carrying pavers from the garage through to Kitchen to the deck...and then after passing through 4 or 5 times, Jamie looked over in the living room and said....

"The T.V. is gone!"

And that, it was. Some crook came in our house while we were gone that afternoon and took our 50" plasma. They left the Wii and thank you Jesus they left my Dyson vacuum.

So, now that the T.V. is gone, we spend even MORE time out by the fire! Jamie is cussing about the T.V. being gone, but that is beside the point.

I'm not mad at the crooks...God knows who, what and where they are! And I am clinging to: "Do not take revenge but leave room for God's wrath." Not that my wrath isn't as hateful (probably more) but I have made a personal goal of not wasting my time and energy on worthless people.

At any rate, if you see my T.V., don't tell Jamie because I like him sitting with me out by the fire :)

NRP








No comments: