Monday, June 15, 2009

Negative 14 ~ It hurts to breathe...

It was a good weekend. Since "da girlz" didn't have appropriate funds to go on a girlz trip this year, we decided on a girlz weekend. It was a lot of fun! Lisa and I spent the night at Steph's. Marla came out after Alexa's game (in which we were the cheerleading section for 2.5 innings and embarrassed poor Lex to death!) Steph made a slide show with all our pictures from past vacation and also our outing to Taylor Swift/Rascal Flatts.

On Saturday, Ryan decided to kill me. We worked out in the afternoon and since, I can't breathe wihout it hurting immensely. I'm not kidding. We ran, lifted (might I add he increased my reps to 20 from 10) and still, today, my core is crazy hurting. Below is our pic after running 1.5 miles:


Notice that my face is beet red. Notice that Ryan's is not. Notice that I am a dripping wet sweat-hog. Notice that Ryan is not. Notice that I am 38 years old...obviously...Ryan is not! Trying to keep up with an 18 year old is nuttyness.

So, while we -- excuse me -- while I am killing myself -- my dearly beloved friend Steph is...

SLEEPING....or "cat-napping" as she calls it. Okay, to be fair, she just had kidney stone surgery - the same one that I had back in 2001. Remember that Schwen??? It was awful lying in your car, calling grandma Sharon, thinking that I had a pinched nerve in my back!

Well, I'm negative 14 pounds...I guess that counts for something...

Until next time...Rock on...

N.


No comments: