Tuesday, September 8, 2009

To My Beautiful Daugther...

You are the greatest gift ever given to me. You give give give every second of every day. Your sweet voice gives me hope for a future generation of kind, compassionate and empathetic people.

Your child-like faith reminds me that when we see only one set of footprints ~ God is carrying us.

And when we are sitting in the sand, it's not because God dropped us...it's because we flopped out on our own. And we always have His warm, loving arms to crawl back in to.

You remind me that life is only life if it is lived for today...not yesterday or tomorrow...but NOW.

I need you to know that my lap and my arms will never be unavailable to you. I hope when you are 30 you still sit with me under a warm cozy blanket and watch movies.

The curls in your hair remind of me of my own...we have Brenda's eyes...we have her free spirit...we have her lovely voice...but you have inherited your best traits from your Daddy...your giving heart, your long eyelashes and your strong, intelligent mind.

I write these things because we never know when Jesus is going to call us home...and as long as it's written down somewhere, you can read it whenever you want to.

So, whatever you do...

Never stop...

...Reading your bible ~ it is the road map for your life.

...Singing ~ it will quench the ache of a thirsty soul.

...Appreciating your grandparents... they offer a deep love like no other.
...Encouraging others ~ you will make a positive difference in someone else's life.

...Giggling...your belly laugh brings me more joy than you will ever know.

...Writing Stories...it makes your creative mind think and empathize with others...

...Loving people...even when they are different from you ~ God created us all ~ and regardless of who or where we are in life, everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity. Should they not return the favor to you, do not compromise your behavior but do not tolerate theirs...being respectful does not mean that you have to be friends with everyone.

...Investing your time and energy into those people who love you and care for you. Don't waste your time trying to change people...it's their responsibility. You are only responsible for you.

...Being nice to old people ~ you will be old some day too.

...Talking to me...I will be true to you and protect you the best I can...I am always on your side...and I will always be your biggest fan.
I love you!

Forever and ever.

Mama




No comments: