Friday, September 18, 2009

"To be a butterfly, you must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar..."


I was getting ready for bed and the text came in from Ty. Before I opened it, I was like, oh no, something is wrong with Geege.

Nothing is wrong. The stinkin' crazies were having a party! Yes, you read right. A PARTY. The whole fam damily got together to shave mom's head. Madi started it...Gage mohawked it...and Ty finished it. Then they made Jersey Mud desserts to finish off the party.

What's a Jersey Mud?? I had to hear about Jersey Mud's for years from Jen ~ every year in Michigan they would all go to the little dairy bar and get the world famed "Jersey Mud" It consists of one scoop of vanilla icecream, one scoop of chocolate ice cream, malt, marshmallow cream - all topped with whipcream and a cherry. I finally got to eat one for myself this summer. It was delicious.

I stared at the picture above and laughed out loud. Then the pic of her completely bald, I smiled so big ~ she looks ADORABLE. Cute as a button, I swear.

And then I laid in bed and cried all night...and really haven't stopped yet.

Me: You look so cute! Do you keep rubbing your head?!?
G.: Yes! But it feels so good! I just couldn't handle pulling it out.
Me: YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE PULLING IT OUT. is what I thought, but I said, "Bae said Awesome Mohawk!
G: Tell her I know where she can get one!
Me: We laughed and then had a good cry about it.
G: Oh! It's only hair! Hopefully by March I will be wig-free!
Me: WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S ONLY HAIR! IT SIGNIFIES THAT YOU HAVE CANCER! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T DIE! DON'T LEAVE ME! EVER! EVEN THOUGH YOU AND MY MOTHER WOULD HAVE ONE HECK OF PARTY, I STILL WANT YOU HERE WITH ME is what I thought, but I said, "I love you Geege. You look adorable. Call me tomorrow. G'nite."
G: i Love you too. Goodnight.

On that note, please continue to pray for G.G. She has another round of chemo coming up.

N.

3 comments:

wendy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.