Thursday, May 21, 2009

My First Workout - May 20, 2009

I work at a lawfirm and I am usually crazy busy every day. I work through a lot of lunches - but lately have had a lot of lunch dates. It's hard to eat healthy at House of Hunan...

Anyhow, I get a text from Ryan that my workout is in one hour...he can't wait! Then another text came in, "I am gonna give you a whipping." I'm thinking, great, the kid is going to kill me on purpose. One of the girls in the office was making a chocolate run, I had her pick me up my last Snickers.

The texts kept coming: "What did you eat today?" "Did you walk yesterday like I told you to?" "Are you going to be on time?" He will learn quickly that I am rarely on time and will probably be late to my own funeral.

I text him back, "Have to stop at Walgreen's for your mom (after the work out we are having a scrapbook marathon for a graduation party on Saturday) and then I will be out." I was only five minutes late. I changed and we got to work right away.

We started outside with jump roping. He said we would do 4 sets of 25 and if I missed, I had to do 30. He also said that he was going to do a set, then I was going to do a set. I was surprised that we was going to work out WITH me.

When Ryan first got out of the hospital, he couldn't jump rope at all. Now he can do 150 jumps in a ROW. Amazing.

We did four sets and then we got to take a walk up the road...and jog back! I kept a decent pace. Then we went inside to work on strength training. Needless to say I have absolutely NONE. After 3 sets of arms, legs and abs he threw me on the elliptical. How you enthusiast do it, I do not know. After I was finished, he sent me to the treadmill. What?? I already did the elliptical. JUST DO IT. So I did. And then I had to do 2 more sets! I was dying a slow and miserable death.

Finally, I'm finished...or so I thought. Back outside to go up and down the road again! I talked Steph into going this time. The three of us walked in a line and then the last person would have to run to the front. Ryan kept yelling at me to not slow down for his mother.

After we got back, we decided that I did alright. Steph offered me a Mt. Dew and Ryan kindly said, "No pop. Water only." Of course, he grabs a pop and a handful of Oatmeal Cream Pies. Oh to be a teenager again.

Steph and I did our scrapbooking until about midnight. Ryan came down and we discussed getting up in the morning to WALK. I said, "I'm not running. My legs are already rubberbands."

So I went to bed in Allie's room, and on the window screen were exactly 17 June bugs. I live in the woods and I don't get 17 June bugs on my window screens! It reminded me of living at home (which is only about a mile from Steph's house) and how we used to flick them off the screens just because. The town is so quiet and really there's not much to do...but it's home. And I fell asleep faster than I ever have...until my alarm went off 6 hours and 15 minutes later...

N.


No comments: