Friday, May 22, 2009

Day 2 - 6:15 a.m

My alarm went off way too soon. The sun was shining right in my eyes so it made it a little easier to wake up. I got dressed and went downstairs to talk to Steph. We decided that Ryan didn't get to bed til late and that we would let him sleep. But I knew if I didn't walk he would call me a quitter.

I don't quit. Sometimes, that fact can even be to my detriment.

At any rate, I started walking up the road. My legs were wobbly from over exhaustion the night before...but I had to try. Last night Ryan suggested walking from one telephone pole and then running to the next. So, I started out walking, then I jogged...Oh my Lord my back hurts!! Right in the very middle where you can't do much about it!

I ran three poles and walked one all the way down and back. I about died coming into the driveway. Steph was waiting with a glass of ice water. "You did it! I can't believe you jogged!" I can't believe it either!

So when Ryan did get out of bed, he accused me of not doing what we said. I informed him that yes, I did get up and walk and even had a witness! He gave me a high five. He said his alarm went off at 6:30 a.m. and he said he wanted to see if I really would get up and do it on my own, and if I did, he would know that I was serious.

After getting ready for work we decided to shoot some baskets before I left. At 7:45 a.m. I am in heels and skirt shooting a basketball (mind you I haven't shot a basket in at least fifteen years...and I am still kickass on the free throws).

Ryan said, "My shots aren't pretty, but they go in." He has come such a long way.


So, I think I survived 2 days...and I think I'm doing okay...

This is the text I got yesterday afternoon: I am very proud of you, ya made my day this morning...ur paying so it's my job to have you lose 40...at first I didn't know if we could do it but if ur willing to do it without me there sometimes...we will do it! Hope you're having a good day.


N.

No comments: