Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The best things in life happen unexpectantly.

I was having a rather normal day when I realized that we had Appeal documentation due in just a few days. So I had to run over to the Court House and copy the file. I've been in a somewhat gloomy mood with the rain and all.

I noticed that the sun was barely shining through the clouds so I decided to walk over instead of drive. As I was riding in the elevator up to the third floor, I put my hand in the pocket of my dress coat only to find something soft that fit in the palm of my hand. I squeezed it and had to pull it out to see what it was.

It was one of Baeleigh's socks. How it got in there?? No clue.

As I looked at the small, dainty sock with mild dirt stains on the bottom, I smiled so big...just the thought of her turms my whole day around! And I realized that whatever gloom is looming over me, that the owner of that sock can bring out the sun in a split second!

I decided to keep the sock in my pocket for future gloomy days...in some ways manipulating my destination in that I will be subject to another surprise that I so dearly love.

xxx
N.R. Powers

No comments: