Thursday, October 22, 2009

Barclay. Fred. Petey. Whoooo?? Whooo??

Last night, Jamie and Bae came home from church and Bae saw "something that looked like an eagle" flapping across the road. Of course, JP had to get the flashlight and I had to run and get the bird book and the binoculars!

It was a barred owl, aka screech owl. He was bEaUtIFuL!!! He was dark brown with white and grey lateral markings. He didn't make any noise, but his poor eyes turned red when shined the light in his eyes.

Back when we first moved in, I heard him, but never saw him. It was a haunting whoooo sound and I loved it! I named him Barclay. Then, last night, Baeleigh decided his name was Fred.

Fred? C'mon kid, you are more creative than that.

Okay. Petey.

Petey it is.

Why do I constantly give in to my 7 year old diva? Exactly right. Because she is 7 and she's a diva. (Granny, diva is a nice word for "spoiled brat." ha ha!)

xoxo
N.

1 comment:

wendy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.