Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's a Rhinestone Cow Girl...twang twang...


We had fun trick-or-treating, as always. Bae walked around for about a half an hour with Grandma, and then she decided to come back and pass out candy for the last half hour. Itwas quite chilly outside but she was cozy in her cowboy boots, thermal top and furry vest. Her light-up pink hat was the hit of the neighborhood.

Of course, her favorite accessory to her costume was her blacked out tooth. She thought that was just so funny. We used to do that all the time at Halloween when we were kids. We would use Brenda's mascara. I was a Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleader every year and then to change it up a little bit, mom blacked out a tooth or two. Grandma Adams made me a real blue cheerleading skirt with white pleats. I wore that thing to death.

After work on Friday, we all headed down to The Olde Well for our weekly staff meeting at 4:00 p.m. I made the comment to Dave that the Fonz turned 64 years old. That brought up the conversation of Halloween costumes. He said, "Yeah, I had the leather jacket and my sister put Vaseline in my hair... I was the Fonz for about 3 weeks!" What really makes that funny now is that Dave is bald...

Doug couldn't remember at all what he was for Halloween...until it struck him..."I remember being a grandfather clock, once." I am laughing out loud writing this. A grandfather clock, seriously? I guess he won the creativity award in Stuebenville that year.

Kevin said that he was a super hero one year and his mother made him a special cape. He was so excited about it and his mom kept carrying on about making sure the door was locked. Everyone took off and left him behind and he, being the last one, locked the door and then slammed it shut ...only to lock his cape in the door. He struggled with it for a while and then decided...he had to take off the cape...it was a near tragedy. What kind of a super hero roams the streets of Millersburg without a cape? Lol.

Then Dave proceeded to us that he dressed up as Frankenstein last year and super glued a bolt directly to his neck. Ouch.

These guys I work for are quite the craziness...but that's what makes this job so much fun. I like the concept of work hard, play harder. Because life is too short not to enjoy every aspect of whatever is thrown your way. We deal with a lot of tragedy each day, but to get through it, we have to laugh at the funny things and be thankful for what God has given us.

I wouldn't trade these times for the world. Thanks my Lord, for always taking care of me and putting me right where I belong.

xoxo
N.

No comments: